c.£48,000 + Car allowance + Benefits
2 months ago
Our client is a well-known Financial Services organisation who are looking for a Regulatory Compliance Manager to provide the firm with a second line of defence capability and to be responsible for the oversight of Credit Compliance matters affecting Consumer Credit.
Key responsibilities include:
- Regulatory Developments – to ensure all new FCA Policy Statements, Consultation Papers, Finalised Guidance, Thematic Reviews (and other occasional papers / speeches) are brought to the firm’s Leadership attention.
- Provide interpretations and opinions on FCA publications where required, identifying the potential implications for the firm of any future changes.
- Obtain external expert opinion on any Compliance matters requiring clarification, identifying where any conflicts in understanding may be.
- Identify and escalate risks, issues and breaches to Owners, Directors and Management within the firm on a timely basis, and to manage the Operational Risk (ERIS) process.
- Develop and maintain a rolling Compliance Monitoring Plan (for approval at Regulatory Compliance Committee). Conduct Compliance Monitoring Reviews and produce relevant documents with findings, actions and recommendations. Maintain central log of agreed actions, progress and closure.
- Provide advice, guidance (and compliance oversight) to the business regarding the FCA’s Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SM&CR)
- Influence and challenge business direction and strategy (including policy, process and controls) where such are not compliant, or not conforming to, regulatory principles, rules or guidance.
- Review and challenge risk management frameworks spanning activities within the firm and also those which are outsourced.
- Support the identification, development and delivery of essential regulatory compliance training within the firm and outsourced partners.
Essential skills and experience
- In depth knowledge and practical experience of consumer credit industry
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the FCA handbook with particular regard to CONC
- Subject matter expert for regulatory requirements applicable to the financial sector
- Knowledge of FCA Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SM&CR)
- Ability to translate complex regulation into practical advice
- Prior experience in a compliance / audit / credit review environment (with strong investigative skills)