MERJE have been engaged exclusively to work this reputable global FX business. Our client is part of a wider group of companies which employ
s over 2,500 employees globally and provides banking and brokerage services to around 65,000+ clients worldwide.
They have a number of global offices, and due to some recent structural changes in their London office, they are actively looking to recruit an experienced Regulatory Compliance specialist.
The Regulatory Compliance Department ensures the firms operate in compliance with FCA regulation.
The Compliance function has responsibility for FCA reporting, management reporting, risk assessment and development of a risk-based monitoring programme, advisory responsibilities including providing support for staff training and providing day-to-day assistance for front office staff, participating in the establishment of new policies and procedures.
Work closely with the Head of Compliance to build awareness of the firms’ regulatory obligations;
Day-to-day provision of assistance and advice, training and awareness to front office sales and trading departments and other business areas;
Maintain up to date awareness of rule requirements and regulatory guidance, essentially EMIR, MiFID II, PSD 2 and BREXIT related changes;
· Research and horizon scan for regulatory change, keep the business advised accordingly;
· Liaise with external legal counsel and interpret advice;
· Review and maintenance of Compliance guidance, policy and procedures;
· Coordinate and formulate responses to internal and external regulatory enquiries, audits and queries;
· Handle complaints in line with regulatory requirements;
· Approve financial promotions;
· Approve new products in line with new product approval process;
· Oversight of team’s typical investigatory and surveillance work (CMP) and escalate where necessary;
· Support and train members of the team in new project work driven by the changing regulatory environment;
· Influence and improve conduct and culture;
· Produce relevant management information for senior stakeholders in the business.
· Able to demonstrate significant compliance advisory/generalist experience operating within FX or derivatives trading.
· Strong knowledge of the regulatory environment in which an FX firm operates;
· Strong knowledge of FX and derivatives;
· Extensive knowledge of front/ back office operations and practices and products and business, including industry practices, market regulations and conventions, policies and procedures;
· Demonstrable knowledge of FCA Handbook, MiFID II, MiFIR & EMIR rules and guidance;
· Team oversight and leadership capabilities