about 1 month ago
My client is long established and well regarded in the field in which they operate.
They are currently looking for an individual who will be responsible for ensuring that the highest standards of compliance are achieved and maintained across the group through working with functional and departmental managers.
You will also be required to perform regulatory analysis and horizon scanning in order to assess the applicability and impact of regulatory changes and developments on the group’s activities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ongoing review of publications produced by regulatory bodies including FCA, Insolvency Service and ICO to ensure that the group is aligned to the regulators’ key areas of focus.
- Interpreting forthcoming changes within the regulatory landscape and understanding and communicating these across the group and the Executive as necessary.
- Ongoing engagement with key stakeholders across the group in relation to key items of regulatory focus
- Responding to and providing support and guidance in relation to projects and technical queries from across the group and keeping up to date logs of all advice provided.
- Reviewing external communications and relevant internal documents to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Leading impact assessments and gap analysis on new regulatory updated, collaborating with operational stakeholders and managers to address any gaps or weaknesses that are identified
- A good level of knowledge and understanding of FCA regulations specifically CONC, CASS, SYSC, DISP and PRIN
- A good awareness and understanding of DPA legislation
- Experience of working within a financial services regulated environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey technical information to non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to engage with stakeholders across all areas of the group and work collaboratively with different teams and business areas
- Ideally a minimum of 2/3 years’ compliance advice/policy/change experience
- Experience of working within the consumer credit sector / knowledge of MCOB (desirable)
Salary is entirely commensurate with experience but will reflect the significance of the role.
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.