Our Client, a really exciting, well capitalised, innovative and dynamic business, with huge growth potential and is expanding rapidly, has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Financial Controller within the housebuilding, Construction or related Industries to join the team on a permanent basis.
Reporting to and operating as a business partner to the MD and the Divisional Finance Director you would provide the Regional Directors with detailed insight into the Financial Performance of the Region as well as driving improvements to existing processes and procedures to ensure efficiency and delivery of robust Management Information
Key Responsibilities include:
• Contribute to the delivery of robust and accurate monthly management accounts and associated MI to support regional Development & Construction Teams, including variance reports and risk analysis supported by commentary
• Pro-active member of the regional Development & Construction teams, as well as the Group Finance function
• Drive a culture of maximising site profitability and ROCE within the business, providing challenge on costs in all areas
• Challenge and scrutinise costs movements in monthly valuation meetings, and ensure accurate blended margin profit recognition in line with revised site margins
• Play a key role assisting the Development and Estimating teams to ensure Land appraisals are robust, capable of delivery and risk balanced
• Work closely with the Development & Construction Teams to develop a robust, risk balanced and achievable 5-year business plan, with regular updated periodic forecasts
• Responsible for preparing regular cash forecasting in tandem with Development and Commercial teams, searching and utilising opportunities for cash acceleration and maximising ROCE
• Assist and be proactive in the development of processes, procedures & systems to support a rapidly growing business.
Previous Experience and Qualifications:
• Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) with a min of 5 years PQE
• Demonstrable Experience of working in a similar role within the Construction / Housebuilding or related Industry is essential
• Strong Technical Accounting knowledge with a high level of commercial acumen
• Previous experience of delivering Financial Reporting to Board / Exec level
• Strong analytical skillset with Advanced Excel Skills
This would be based in London with occasional travel to the Regional Head Office in Yorkshire.