over 1 year ago
Our client is a specialist UK savings and lending bank founded in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and individuals in the UK with a range of lending and saving products.
- Responsible for completing monthly Quality Assurance (QA) activities – focusing on identifying failures in Controls, Oversight, Reporting, Regulatory process requirements & unfair customer outcomes.
- Provide support to the Risk & Quality Assurance Manager and the management team to ensure that the actions undertaken by the in-house operations teams and our external business partners (third party service providers) are in line with our policies and procedures. This covers the Arrears management across the following business units; Commercial Property, Residential Mortgages, Unsecured Consumer Lending and Business Finance.
- Focused End-To-End care reviews to ensure actions taken have achieved a fair customer outcome in line with MCOB & CONC where applicable.
- To carry out the relevant checks on actions taken which are both automated and manual, highlighting any issues to the Risk & Quality Assurance Manager and in turn feedback findings directly to the relevant operations team or external business partner
- Escalate any findings which may warrant a risk event to be raised via Metric Stream to Risk & QA Manager
- Track, report and present on findings and risks identified from all QA activities carried out.
- To prepare appropriate analysis and provide recommendations for improvements to processes, systems, procedures and controls.
- To be flexible with responsibilities and have a positive attitude towards any changes to role, company/departmental objectives, priorities and targets
- Requires traveling between Brentwood & Redhill to outsourced provider, other third parties and different Shawbrook offices when required to test and review their control framework as well as completing specific controls testing.
- Minimum 1-2 years Quality Assurance / Operational Risk experience
- Minimum 3 years banking industry experience
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Experience/knowledge of TCF, FCA, CCA, MCOB & CONC.
- Experience of working in a team
- A good understanding of commercial, second charge residential mortgages, unsecured consumer loans and Business Finance
- A good knowledge of Collections & Recoveries processes & procedures
Technical/Specialist Knowledge & Skills
- Computer Literate (good knowledge of MS Office suite – Excel, Word, Power-Point)
- Record/File Management
- Arrears Procedures
- Industry Awareness – regulations (TCF, money laundering, FCA etc.)
- Mortgage/Lending Principles & Practice
- Company Compliance
- Adaptable & Flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic “can do” attitude
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Accuracy & Attention to detail
- Professional, well presented
- Establishes effective working relationships at all levels
- Customer Focused approach