Our client is a leading Financial Services firm who are going through a period of change and transformation across their Risk Function. The opportunity has arisen to join the firm in the role of Quality Assurance Manager. In this role you will support the Senior Quality Assurance Manager in the design and execution of the control testing plan for the Banking Value Stream and Centres of Expertise to ensure that controls are appropriately designed and operated.
Responsibilities of the job include:
• Managing a portfolio of assurance and oversight assignments focussed on control testing, ensuring that the team plans and delivers assurance and oversight that cover identified risk areas and that appropriate corrective actions are agreed on with business owners
• Resolving issues arising from assurance and oversight and refer serious or contentious issues to the accountable owner
• Ensuring the organisation is not exposed to undue risks by using risk management systems to achieve specific goals within a designated area of the business
• Providing specialist advice on the design and build of controls to efficiently mitigate risk
• Contributing to stakeholder engagement through identifying stakeholders, finding out their needs/issues/concern and reacting to these by arranging meetings and events and drafting supporting materials to promote understanding and commitment
• Developing own capabilities by participating in assessment and development planning activities as well as formal and informal training and coaching; gaining or maintaining external professional accreditation where relevant to improve performance and fulfil personal potential
• Maintaining an in-depth understanding of technology, external regulation, and industry best practices through ongoing education, attending conferences, and reading specialist media
• Maintaining and renewing a deep knowledge and understanding of the organization's policies and procedures and of relevant regulatory codes and codes of conduct.
• Good understanding and knowledge of the FCA rule books (COBS, MCOBS, ICOBS) and their implementation.
• Good understanding of Conduct and Regulatory risk, as well as knowledge of the Three Lines of Defence model.
• Experience of leading a Quality Assurance team
• Management experience and strong stakeholder engagement experience
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.