£18,000 - £22,000
about 1 year ago
A well established and well known SME based in Rossendale are currently looking for an experienced Accounts Payable professional to join an experienced finance team. The team is friendly, fun and most of all hard working within a busy finance department. Your main responsibilities will include building excellent relationships with suppliers and ensuring the smooth running of the purchase ledger process. From receiving an invoice through to making payment, your aim is to ensure all invoices are checked accurately, thoroughly and in a timely manner to avoid disruption to customers.
- Post bank transactions on a daily basis to assist with cash forecasts.
- Responsible for completing all daily purchase ledger functions accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Monitor the shared mailboxes within finance and deal with any phone calls to help the team answer any requests efficiently from within or outside of the business.
- Allocate PO numbers
- Take responsibility for checking and obtaining VAT receipts for all transactions on the monthly credit card statements.
- Complete various payment runs to set deadlines.
- Investigate any debit balances or aged balances on the ledger.
- Any Ad-Hoc tasks required by the business.
- Assisting with other Finance duties
In order to be considered for the role you will be experienced within a fast-paced and high volume, purchase ledger department. You must be computer literate, able to use e-mail systems as well as word and excel applications to an intermediate level (V-Lookups and Pivot Tables). Having knowledge of Sage 50 or CRM systems would be advantage but is not essential. You will have a stable CV with proven experience within Accounts Especially Accounts Payable. This role would also suit someone who is looking for career progression as there will be opportunities to develop within the finance team if this is of interest to you.