£18,000 - £19,000 pa
about 1 year ago
A rapidly growing business based in Chorley are currently looking for an experienced Accounts Payable professional to join a large finance team and be part of a team of 6 in Purchase Ledger. The team is friendly, fun and most of all hard working within a busy finance department. Your main responsibilities will include building excellent relationships with suppliers and ensuring the smooth running of the purchase ledger processes. From receiving an invoice through to making payment, your aim is to ensure all invoices are checked accurately, thoroughly and in a timely manner to avoid disruption to customers.
- Post bank transactions on a daily basis to assist with cash forecasts.
- Responsible for completing all daily purchase ledger functions accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Monitor the shared mailboxes within finance and deal with any phone calls to help the team answer any requests efficiently from within or outside of the business.
- Allocate PO numbers within 2 hours of receipt of approval.
- Monthly preparation and posting of self-bill invoices and inter-company recharge invoices.
- Take responsibility for checking and obtaining VAT receipts for all transactions on the monthly credit card statements.
- Complete various payment runs to set deadlines.
- Investigate any debit balances or aged balances on the ledger.
- Any Ad-Hoc tasks required by the business.
In order to be considered for the role you will be experienced within a fast-paced and high volume, purchase ledger department. You must be computer literate, able to use e-mail systems as well as word and excel applications to an intermediate level (V-Lookups and Pivot Tables). Having knowledge of Sage 200 or CRM systems would be advantage but is not essential. If this role sounds of interest, please do not hesitate to send your CV immediately.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.