25 days ago
I have a new mandate with a top Retail Banking organization based in Suffolk. The position is a Prudential Risk Manager to report directly into the CRO. This is a Second Line function where you will provide an independent assessment of the business’ use of Enterprise-Wide Risk Management Framework and tools to identify, assess and manage risks within stated appetite.
Key Result Areas
- Contribute to the delivery of the vision and strategy for the enterprise risk management framework (‘ERMF’) working in conjunction with all other senior management across the business.
- Supporting the General Manager, Risk and Compliance in the formulation and articulation of a coherent risk appetite and infrastructure, including risk operating model.
- Support continuous development, enhancements and embedding of the ERMF across the business, ensuring that processes are fit for purpose.
- Embedding a positive culture of confident and informed risk-taking through training, advice, guidance, communication and promotion of the agreed risk framework.
- To provide assurance to the Board, regulators, Chief Executive and senior management team that all material risks are properly identified, assessed, mitigated, monitored and reported, in accordance with the risk appetite, as set and owned by the Board.
- Provide qualitative and quantitative risk reporting which meets the needs of the Board Risk & Compliance Committee and Executive Team in order to support effective decision making.
- Partnering effectively with third parties, regulatory bodies and others, ensuring all communications are timely, open and effective and serving as a role model for high personal values and standards of integrity.
- Providing essential input as a member of risk management committees credibly challenging the management of current issues, risk appetite and the development and implementation of strategy.
- To provide oversight, guidance and challenge on the business’s scenario analysis and stress testing programme particularly within the ICAAP and ILAAP and develop and maintain an effective reverse stress testing regime.
Qualifications and Experience
- (desirable) Relevant qualification International Compliance Association/Institute or Risk Management, Accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIPFA, CIMA)
- Control Assessment
- Risk Assessment
- Scenario Assessment