£50,000 - £55,000
about 1 month ago
My client is looking for a Product Owner and accountable for ensuring that all prioritisation, user stories and delivery of change is delivered using Agile methodologies.(Travelling to Sussex 2 days a week)
- Work with Product owner to ensure that all product backlogs have an understanding of relevant system implications and any change required is fully scoped into the requirements.
- Build up knowledge of workings of Policy/Billing Centre, Contact Manager and digital layer.
- Work with Claims to ensure any Policy changes are communicated ahead of change to ensure any impacts are considered.
- Work with other product owners/managers such as digital, documentation, aggregators and ensure change is appropriately communicated ahead of development.
- Develop and maintain open lines of communication with retail stakeholders and business owners in order to ensure business requirements are gathered effectively and fully understood.
- Validate and prioritise requirements based on business and commercial priorities having regard to existing commitments and broader product strategy.
- Ensure all requirements are documented and communicated in accordance with approved methodology.
- Ensure that requirement and design documents are appropriately distributed, reviewed, discussed, modified, and ultimately approved.
- Create and write acceptance criteria for all user stories within your iteration.
- Review, update and sign off test scripts for both in-track and regression testing, ensuring full coverage of the user stories.
Skills, knowledge & Experience
- Experience of working in Agile environments.
- Working knowledge of Guidewire core platform.
- Experience in working in a software development team.
- Good understanding of Agile development methodologies, especially SCRUM/SAFE
- Strong relationship building skills, including the ability to relate constructively to people at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong listening, written and Oral communication skills.
- The desire to be part of, and contribute to, a team environment.
- A proven ability to plan, undertake and finish activities to achieve high quality results.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical people.
- Experience of the Insurance Industry would be a distinct advantage.
- As the Product Owner you will be a strong BA, with a passion for agile methodology and experience of working multiple Scrum projects simultaneously.
- You will have experience as Product Owner, and will see Product Ownership as the next chapter in your career.
- You will have experience of software and systems process design as well as software documentation, development and maintenance.
- Excellent communication skills are essential for this role, as is the ability to drill down the client requirements in order to capture information with precision