£25,000 - £45,000 pa
about 1 year ago
We are looking for creative, innovative and ambitious individuals with 2-4 years' experience in any insurance pricing role, who have a track record of finding insight in data, can take ownership for driving forward change and have a passion for sharing your knowledge and experience with colleagues at a peer level. Your final position could be for any of their client’s products (for example motor pricing, household pricing, etc), based on your experience and skills.
Pricing is considered to be a fundamental cornerstone of the successful growth of our client’s business and as they continue to transform from a monoline car insurer to one who offers a growing range of personal lines products, we are looking for driven, skilled and experienced pricing managers to join them at their Cardiff based headquarters.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing and successful team that can offer not only a highly competitive salary but market leading employee benefits on top that include:
- Highly Competitive salary
- Annual Share scheme
- Dividends on shares
- Season ticket loans
- Local retailer discounts and much, much more!
What will you be responsible for:
- Analysing pricing structures and past performance to improve risk management.
- Assessing the usefulness of external data sources and managing partnerships with data vendors
- Communicating results and ideas to key decision makers across different group companies, including Heads of Department and CEO/COO
- Collaborating with peers in pricing and with stakeholders from all relevant areas of the business
- Coaching/mentoring team members
Qualifications, skills and experience we are looking for:
- A degree, 2:1 (or equivalent) or above in a highly mathematical subject
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills supported by a solid academic and work background
- 2-5 year's experience in any general insurance pricing role
- Experience of working with SAS or similar packages essential
- Experience of GLM and/or Machine Learning techniques and software such as Emblem is an advantage
- Proactive and creative approach to taking initiative and getting things done
- Willingness to learn from the bottom up and put in the time to acquire the necessary technical skills
- Team player with proven ability to collaborate and build relationships
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Personality and a sense of humour (we believe work should be fun!)
- Ideally, you will have some coaching/mentoring experience (inside or outside of work), but this isn't essential
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.