Up to £45,000
4 months ago
As Senior Risk Analyst you’ll be responsible for reviewing the risk processes and the key risks within the portfolio, proactively identifying opportunities to optimise risk, whilst ensuring overall business and market objectives are met. You will have a wide remit and will cover aspects of portfolio management, alongside commercial insight, presentations and stakeholder management during this 12 month fixed term contract.
Key responsibilities include:
- Understanding, questioning and developing of Key Risk Measures (CVaR, Portfolio Reporting, MtM, Expected loss, KPI reporting) including sourcing of data in a sustainable way.
- To produce robust analysis and regular reports to support risk oversight ensuring the organisation remains within its stated risk appetite and enable effective risk management.
- Provision of insight and analysis of key market trends, active participation in risk discussions.
- Review and challenge the calculation and reporting of the risk position.
- Create MI and risk strategy information for current and new portfolios.
- To constantly monitor the risk environment and macro-economic trends, provide updates to the key stakeholders.
- Proactively identifying opportunities for mitigating risk on a portfolio level, whilst allowing for managed growth.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders to ensure data and assumptions are valid and sound opinions are communicated to stakeholders in a convincing, understandable and concise manner.
- Manage the robust implementation of business projects that impact risk indicators and adapt to changing business processes. This includes driving the development of automation workflow through system improvement to ensure increased automation
- Managing complex projects related to risk and requiring coordination with other departments. Requirement to be able to autonomously drive projects and present workable results within deadlines to management.
- Review of proposed transactions and solving challenges using all available risk mitigation, documentation and analytical tools
- Ensure all credit applications and the associated reporting is conducted with full compliance to the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Mentoring and training of the junior risk analysts in the team.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar capacity within a risk environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (strong in Excel)
- Extensive analytical experience
- Demonstrate a rational, pragmatic, disciplined and methodical approach to delivery.
- Excellent communication, organisational and influencing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to assess complex problems and deliver solutions
- Ability to work under pressure and adaptability to a changing environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to produce accurate reports within tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with internal customers and stakeholders across the organisation
- Educated to degree level, ideally in a numerate subject
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.