£60,000 - £75,000
5 months ago
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team that partners broadly within the organization and influences the company’s operational, analytic, and financial strategies. Moreover, this role is part of a thriving, pan-European modelling community devoted to using the best elements of applied and theoretical work from statistics, psychology, management science, and behavioural economics to understand the fundamental drivers of consumer financial behaviour.
- Build, implement, and enhance performance tracking and KPI tools that measure current, and predict future, operational activities related to collections and business improvement initiatives
- Track portfolio performance against valuation assumptions, especially for large portfolio transactions, and highlight areas for analytic deep-dives and operational intervention
- Identify opportunities to better optimize collection strategy and resource allocation to maximise account-level NPV
- Lead team of 1-4 analysts, including individual and team development, measuring and managing project work, and goal setting activities in collaboration with other managers
- Provide ad hoc managerial and analytic support for high-value projects within Decision Science
- While demanding technical proficiency (e.g., directing new methods to estimate future portfolio performance), this is a manager-practitioner role where success depends on both team leverage and a willingness to “roll up ones’ sleeves.” Moreover, this position requires real interest in developing and leading a team and the Manager must be committed to developing others and creating enthusiasm for analytic work. Strong problem solving skills, judgment, and integrity, and good ambiguity tolerance are essential for success.
- Undergraduate degree in business or a quantitative science (e.g., economics, math, finance) with coursework in statistics is essential; Master’s degree preferred
- Solid and demonstrated working knowledge of two or more of Base SAS, SAS STAT, Enterprise Guide, and Enterprise Miner, alongside sufficiently strong statistical training to understand the mathematics behind the code
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office, especially Access and Excel (experience with database structures would be very helpful)
- Strong analytic skills and ability to present technical analysis to non-technical stakeholders
- 2-4 years’ experience required, preferably including both management consulting and financial services work (in that order)
- Direct or indirect team management of staff focused on analytic activities