This opportunity is working for an Association which represents mutual lenders and deposit takers across the UK. The Association represents the interests of members to key stakeholders (especially the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and HM Treasury), other policy makers and stakeholders on a range of prudential policy and regulation matters (including financial and regulatory reporting).
• To provide advice and guidance to members and colleagues on all related areas of prudential policy and regulation (including financial and regulatory reporting), in order to establish and maintain a favourable operating environment for members.
• To coordinate and participate at panel/committee meetings, seminars, webinars and conferences on areas of responsibility, preparing agendas, minutes and programmes as appropriate.
• To keep abreast of current developments on areas of responsibility, and the markets of members generally to anticipate future areas of work.
• Experience within financial services, trade associations, regulators, government or other relevant environments (5 years).
• Highly developed policy analysis skills with an ability to see wider, strategic issues and to meet strict deadlines.
• Ability to interpret and apply banking, building society and credit union prudential requirements and legislation.
• Ability to represent members’ views effectively to external bodies and create and develop policy.
• Ability to build strong relationships to become a trusted adviser to stakeholders.
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and diplomatic skills to meet the responsibilities representing members’ interests to external stakeholders.
• Self-motivated, flexible and proactive approach.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.