The purpose of the job is to undertake a wide range of retirement planning duties in relation to the development of the Firm’s proposition as well as being engaged in operational matters.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing Pensions Technical support to the Financial Consultants within the business ensuring that advice is suitable and compliant with FCA rules.
- Comprehensive understanding of pension providers across the UK marketplace.
- Co-ordination with Compliance Department on best practice and risk management.
- Providing support in relation to Transfer Value Analysis Reporting.
- Managing the research and analysis of financial products and services to meet Client requirements.
- Managing the preparation of pension Suitability Reports.
- Incorporating changes as notified by the regulator into the Pension dept and ensuring that all relevant team members adhere to ongoing and revised requirements.
- Manage the performance of the team to ensure all work is completed within a timely fashion, in a compliant fashion and to a high standard.
- Complete advisory due diligence with use of appropriate systems and controls.
- Contribute to staff development. Building the knowledge of the team on an ongoing basis.
- Contribute to staff training. Identifying and managing ongoing training needs.
- Support the team with complex queries and ensure they have all relevant information needed to conduct their roles effectively.
- Excellent pensions product knowledge is required along with good research and report writing experience and a strong understanding of pension compliance issues and FCA regulation in respect of pension advice including COBS 9 & COBS 19.
- The post-holder should be qualified to Level 4 Diploma status as a minimum. The post-holder should also have relevant Pension Transfer qualifications, such as AF3, AWPETR, CII Certificate in Pensions Transfers
- The post-holder should have a minimum 3 years’ experience in a financial services environment preferably an IFA environment and a minimum of 2 years managerial experience supervising a team
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.