Job Description: The role will involve checking the suitability of pension transfer transactions conducted by the firm and provide timely and appropriate reports to Senior Management on the conduct of pensions transfer business.
Key responsibilities include:
• Liaise with colleagues to obtain the required information on the client’s past and present pensions arrangements to enable a full analysis of the clients’ pensions needs to be carried out.
• Assess the comparative merits of Safeguarded, fixed or guaranteed benefits provided by an occupational scheme or individual pension scheme, against an individual pension scheme (including a self-invested personal pension scheme) providing uncertain benefits.
• Use appropriate analytical systems and relevant data to assess such comparisons in a precise, measurable manner.
• Construct appropriate solutions to the principles of suitability and best advice, produce report(s) including statistical data which clearly supports the recommendations made.
• Support all advice by appropriate documentation as deemed necessary by the FCA and as documented in the firm’s procedures.
• Ensure that the firm’s high standards of client care are met by demonstrating competence in all stages of the pensions transfer process, operating at all times in a manner which befits an Approved Person and complying with the FCA Statements of Principles and the firm’s documented Performance Measures/Standards.
• Must be diploma qualified with AF7, AF3, G60 or equivalent and must have experience in advising on Pension Transfers.