Competitive + Bonus
3 months ago
The role will involve checking the suitability of pension transfer transactions conducted by the firm and provide timely and appropriate reports to Senior Management on the conduct of pensions transfer business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Liaise with colleagues to obtain the required information on the client’s past and present pensions arrangements to enable a full analysis of the clients’ pensions needs to be carried out.
- Assess the comparative merits of Safeguarded, fixed or guaranteed benefits provided by an occupational scheme or individual pension scheme, against an individual pension scheme (including a self-invested personal pension scheme) providing uncertain benefits.
- Use appropriate analytical systems and relevant data to assess such comparisons in a precise, measurable manner.
- Construct appropriate solutions to the principles of suitability and best advice, produce report(s) including statistical data which clearly supports the recommendations made.
- Support all advice by appropriate documentation as deemed necessary by the FCA and as documented in the firm’s procedures.
- Ensure that the firm’s high standards of client care are met by demonstrating competence in all stages of the pensions transfer process, operating at all times in a manner which befits an Approved Person and complying with the FCA Statements of Principles and the firm’s documented Performance Measures/Standards.
Must hold one of the following Approved Examinations:
- Fellow or Associate of the Faculty or Institute of Actuaries
- Fellow or Associate by examination of the Pensions Management Institute
- Fellow or Associate (including three pensions-related subjects) of the Chartered Insurance Institute
- Passed G60 / AF3 paper of the Advanced Financial Planning Diploma of the Chartered Insurance Institute
- Passed the Pensions paper of the Professional Investment Certificate of the Chartered Institute of Bankers/Institute of Financial Services.
In addition, must have:
- At least 2 years’ industry experience, two of which must have been in a pensions-related field
- Must have excellent analytical skills and prefer to work in a structured, planned manner.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.