Newcastle upon Tyne
7 months ago
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the business with all technical pension queries.
The ideal candidate will be a pension professional who has experience working in a technical and/or operations role within a pensions operational business. You will have broad industry knowledge and be passionate about providing first class retirement solutions.
The role will involve:
- Support the pensions operations team with day-to-day technical queries.
- Support the business in reviewing regulatory requirements in relation to pensions and updating operational policies and procedures.
- Work with business partners (e.g. OAC and SIPP Pro) to impart appropriate technical information and updates.
- Support the business to ensure compliance with company procedures, legislation and regulations.
- Provide technical sign off to new or amended procedures and, documentation thus maintaining integrity of product documents and information provided.
- Oversee and/or assist with research or technical issues relative to regulatory and/or administrative issues.
- Prepare informative technical bulletins for internal stakeholders periodically.
- Prepare and present training materials for internal stakeholders.
- Monitor regulatory developments, assess and ensure appropriate controls are put in place for those that impact the firm.
- Ensure that regulatory returns are submitted within set deadlines.
- Collating and presenting monthly reports to the Board and relevant committees.
- Analysing and interpreting current and impending pensions and taxation legislative developments impacting on the business, and disseminating information for internal and external stakeholders.
- Working closely with colleagues with respect to product development.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (in Particular Excel) is a must.
- Experience with SIPP back office systems such as SIPP PRO is an advantage
- Professional qualifications in financial services and specifically pensions topics are required.