A great opportunity for a Consultant to work in an independent, specialist Global Regulatory Consultancy, delivering complex regulatory implementation projects as an integral part of the Payments and E-Money team within a successful Capital Markets Practice.
The role provides an opportunity to contribute to the continuing growth of the Payments and E-Money whose clients range from UK based SPIs to international EMIs providing innovative fintech services. The team also participates in marketing and business development, technical research, producing technical materials and RegTech solutions.
• Demonstrable compliance experience in a PSP, EMI or legal or other professional services company
• Demonstrate deep understanding of both the business issues and the key regulatory challenges faced across the payments and e-money sector, including areas of supervisory focus and UK-EU divergence
• Familiarity with the key aspects of UK regulations, EU rules and the FCA handbook is critical
• A broad understanding of the regulatory and supervisory environment and an appetite to keep learning.
Client delivery - Providing high quality advice and support to clients on a range of regulatory compliance matters.
This may include:
O conducting regulatory reviews
O delivering training sessions and workshops for compliance staff and senior management
O assisting with authorisations
O drafting policies, procedures and templates
• Manage projects, often with multiple workstreams. This includes project planning, budgeting, scheduling, resource management and project close-down.
•Act as the main point of contact for a portfolio of clients. This may include:
O responding to all queries, managing client expectations and delegating work, where necessary
O reviewing the work of colleagues and providing constructive feedback
O ensuring accurate invoicing, timely payment and assisting the Finance team in resolving any queries
• Grow Payments and E-Money related revenue from both ongoing support and project engagements and by developing new product and service offerings
• Build and maintain professional working relationships with clients, trade bodies and the regulator(s)
• Actively seek to increase pipeline by targeting new clients, as well as leveraging existing client relationships to maximise opportunities for up-selling and cross-selling
• Prepare well-presented, accurately priced proposals and present these to prospective clients
• Participate in internal events and training sessions such as client briefings and roundtable events
• Assist the team and the wider practice with marketing and business development activities
• Record all touch-points, leads, opportunities and proposals in the CRM system
Qualifications and experience
• Ideally a minimum of five years of Payments or E-Money related compliance experience.
• Educated to degree level.
• Significant compliance-related experience gained at payment service institutions, e-money institutions, legal practice, consultancy and/or the regulator
• Knowledge and experience of the PSRs, EMRs and PSD2
• Proven track record of exceeding financial goals and sales targets; consulting experience would be advantageous
• Deep understanding of the FCA’s policies and procedures
• Experience of translating regulatory rules and guidance into meaningful, fit-for-purpose and pragmatic solutions for clients
Please note, should feedback not be received within 14 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, I may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities in the future.
Back to Job Search
- Sector: Compliance
- Contact: Emilia Thomas
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Expiry Date: 18 August 2021
- Job Ref: ET/17757