The Paralegals we are looking to recruit will act as an extension to the fee earning team providing a high standard of service delivery to both internal and external clients, in line with best practice.
You will work with a fast growing client portfolio including leading global equity providers. The partnerships with these clients generate plenty of high value real estate work and also offer an excellent opportunity for our Paralegals to further develop their real estate experience and respective careers. The work will mainly involve commercial landlord focused asset management including leases, lease extensions/variations, associated ancillary documentation and general asset management transactional matters.
• Dealing with clients on a daily basis to provide updates or obtain information.
• Under supervision, running own transactions from initiation to completion to include dealing with other solicitors and unrepresented tenants.
• Drafting legal documents and standard forms.
• Administrative tasks such as instructing searches, use of ScotLis, registering deeds in the Books of Council & Session & Land Register of Scotland, lodging advance notices, preparing completion statements, drafting and submitting LBTT Returns, filing charges at Companies House,.
• Legal support work to the Real Estate team and ensuring matters are progressing as efficiently and accurately as possible.
• Managing client datasites
Previous experience within a commercial law firm environment
Ability to work as part of a team
Confident working under own initiative
You will have an innovative and proactive mind-set, strong organisational / time management skills and a passion for improving service levels.