£49,000 - £65,000 + benefits
4 months ago
Our client is an entrepreneurial and fast paced Financial Services business who are currently recruiting for an individual who will be a key member of the Operational Risk team operating in second line of defence and will lead the development and maintenance of the Operational Risk Framework across the group in line with regulatory expectations and best practice.
The role holder will also provide effective oversight and reporting of major operational risks to the Risk Executive and to Board.
· Monitor operational risk policies, processes and systems so these are managed within the appetite approved by the Board.
· Provide operational risk input to the Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process.
· Ensure an effective and value added Risk Control Self-Assessment processed is developed and maintained.
· Ensure operational risk events are escalated in line with policy and carry our root cause analysis to gather insight and make recommendations for change.
· Monitor the performance of the business and provide early warning of adverse risk trends and emerging risks. Produce cost benefit analysis of options and alternatives. Produce consistent and accurate reports for senior leaders and the Executive
and for reporting to Risk Management Committee, the Operational Risk, Conduct & Compliance Committee and to the Board.
· Accountable for the development and maintenance of the groups operational risk framework in line with regulatory expectations and best practise and embedding it across the firm.
· Monitor, evaluate and challenge business stakeholder’s success in identifying, managing and reporting risk in line with regulatory requirements and provide advice on embedding an effective risk culture.
· Maintain effective relationships with external third parties.
· Be a respected authority on operational risk to guide and influence senior colleagues, including business leaders.
· Be a confident and effective communicator when writing, speaking and presenting.
· Collaborate with colleagues to achieve delivery of team and department plans, initiatives and projects. Take responsibility for self-development and agreeing workload priorities
· Subject matter expert to all areas of the business and maintains and shares a high level of knowledge of developments in their specialism.
· Represent their risk area on projects as directed by senior leaders in Risk.
· Provide specialist input to strategic risk assessments.
· Ensure that risk management policies, processes and “Be safe” requirements are adequate and operating effectively and in accordance with the Company’s risk appetite and risk and control framework and are compliant.
· Significant experience in designing, implementing and operating an operational risk framework and regarded as a subject matter experience in Operational Risk, companywide
· Experience in financial services, preferably retail banking
· Stakeholder management experience
· High level of proficiency in Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Access