£40,000 - £45,000 + Benefits
about 1 year ago
: Working in the second line of defence, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of operational risk policies and processes. In addition, you will provide guidance, oversight and challenge to the UK business, ensuring that operational risks are identified and adequate risk strategies exist.
The role will involve:
- Provide trainings for business on the Internal Control framework as outlined in the Internal Control Guideline
- Advise the business on how to design effective and consistent internal control test strategies and provide templates
- Support the business in their classification of risks in the GRC tool to secure a consistent use of the Operational Risk Register
- Participate in annual ORA workshops with the Risk Owners to advice the business on how to use the Operational Risk Assessment tool to ensure the tool is used in a consistent way to produce consistency in terminology and assessment results across business functions
- Provide trainings for business on the Key Risk Indicator framework as outlined in the KRI Guideline
- Deliver an annual Operational Risk Control Plan detailing key focus areas for review, oversight and development;
- Working in close collaboration with the local Operational Risk Manager and the UK business support the implementation of a sound operational risk culture and awareness
- Monitor adherence to the branch Operational Risk Appetite and report breaches to the Group Operational Risk Control and LORC
- Educated to minimum A Level standard with experience in Operational Risk Management within the UK Financial Services Sector
- Operational risk management experience either within 1st line execution / business line management or 2nd line oversight and control disciplines.
- Operational Risk Management classification and reporting tools
- Risk governance experience including risk and controls management