c.£45,000 + Benefits
5 months ago
Our client is a well-known Financial Services organisation who are looking to recruit an Operational Risk Officer. Supporting the UK Head of Risk, you will work as part of a successful team to support the development and embedding of the UK Risk Framework.
Key responsibilities include:
- Promote a positive Risk Culture supporting the UK Head of Risk in delivering objectives of the 2LoD Risk function.
- Support the UK Head of Risk in development and embedding of the Risk Framework
- Lead on Operational risk (specifically third party) and support on the management of Financial and Information and Data Risk.
- Looking across the UK region, define Risk Libraries, challenge and own Operational (third party), Financial and Information and Data risk reporting to UK Risk and Compliance Committee (RACC).
- 2LoD point of contact for risk management, including oversight, to aligned 1LoD areas.
- Support and attendance on Client Audits.
- 2LoD lead in supporting and overseeing the UK Region due diligence and supplier oversight frameworks and associated processes.
- Articulate emerging regulatory trends or changes to regulation that could impact, future acquisitions or changes in processes.
- Develop risk MI for specified risk types, Due Diligence and Supplier Management.
- Attend and actively input to UK Supplier Management Committee.
- Provide a professional and pragmatic advisory service on risk and event matters. Building and managing effective key stakeholder relationships across the UK region.
- Highlight specific events and trends (Risk, Due Diligence and Supplier Oversight) providing recommendations to the business to deliver improvements to processes and procedures. Ensuring compliance with company policy, legislation and regulatory.
- Support developments designed to embed governance in line with the Groups 3 lines of defence model.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Experience of working in a financial services environment
- Experience of risk framework implementation and management
- Detailed knowledge of conduct risk and has worked in an environment where TCF has been successfully applied
- Knowledge of the UK regulatory regime.
- Knowledge of PRIN, GEN, SYSC and CONC.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.