28 days ago
My client, a leading Payments Solutions provider, is currently searching for an Operational Risk professional to join on a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract. Reporting to the CRO you will Support the design, implementation and maintenance of the risk framework methodology, risk reporting, policies and process documentation; Provide advice, guidance and oversight across all level of the organisation; Build and develop strong partnerships within the CRO structure and wider internal/external stakeholders.
- Maintain and update the Risk Framework methodology and process documentation in-line with current industry best practice and future regulatory requirements including; risk and control assessment, incident management, KRI’s, risk appetite etc.
- Conduct annual and ad-hoc framework benchmarking activities against wider financial service industries and use test conformance to new regulatory requirements and develop framework improvement plans where gaps are identified
- Maintain and update the Board risk appetite statement
- Maintain and update policies in line with current industry best practice and future regulatory requirements.
- Maintain central register of all company policies including details of policy owners, sponsors, and annual review dates.
- Continue to develop and enhance the existing risk reporting suite of internal and external reports to meet the needs of both the business and regulatory requirements, driving automation and self-service where possible/appropriate
- Facilitate and coordinate the reporting lifecycle process for the internal and external committees and boards.
- Provide oversight and maintenance of the Group Risk Management reporting suite to ensure data quality is maintained and exceptions actioned.
Key Skills & Experience Required#
- 5+ years relevant risk management experience, preferably within a financial services environment
- Experience developing risk frameworks including methodology, tools and policy.
- Gravitas and business acumen with a proven ability to be able to influence across the company from technical specialists to senior management.
- A self-starter – proactive, self-motivated and delivery orientated individual able to work on own initiative with limited supervision and guidance.
- Relevant risk management qualifications e.g. IRM etc.