£55,000 - £75,000
16 days ago
My client is a Top Energy supplier looking to add an Operational Risk Manager in their Insurance business ranked as a top UK General Insurer.
In this role you will be responsible for maintaining, improving and extending our operational risk environment.
This role would suit someone who has experience identifying key risks and capturing this into a formalised controls framework, within an FCA environment.
- Work with the Ethics and Compliance teams to understand emerging, current and proposed new regulations and the associated risks & controls
- Develop relationships with senior management and utilise these to shape, influence and raise the profile of Operational Risk, promote leading practices and continuous improvement
- Assist with evaluation of operational risks attaching to the insurance proposition portfolio
- Evaluate operational risks attaching to strategic partnerships
- Within all aspects of the role put the Customer at the heart of decision making and support the businesses ambition to lead the digital transformation of our industry
- Prepare reporting templates and reports on Operational Risk
- Present Operational Risk updates to stakeholder meetings
- Ability to form effective relationships with and influence senior management.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to provide challenge in a positive and non-confrontational manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and knowledge succinctly and assertively, whilst demonstrating empathy with customers and colleagues.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Understand and interpret complex business requirements.
- Experience of the insurance industry or working in a regulated industry with emphasis on controls and risk management.
- Thorough understanding of a controls framework.
- Good at presenting to senior stakeholders / stakeholder management skills.
- Proven ability to identify key risks and capturing the process this into a formalised controls framework.
- Experience of FCA regulation/Conduct will be particularly well regarded.
- Risk professional qualification.
- Ideally educated to degree level.
- Process modelling experience/skills.