£400.00 per day
5 months ago
3 months initially
Our client is a leading bank who are currently recruiting for an Operational Risk Manager for an initial 3 month day rate contract. The role will be responsible for maintaining the operational risk framework and accompanying standards. Ensuring that the Operational Risk Framework and accompanying standards are understood and embedded across the bank.
- Drive, influence, monitor and support the development, implementation and reporting on end to end Operational Risk Frameworks, ensuring that they are fit for purpose for the size, nature and complexity of the Bank and comply with regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Build and deliver an effective independent oversight, review and challenge framework for execution across the business units and support functions ensuring compliance to the Operational Risk Framework.
- Build, design and deliver an effective Operational Risk Training program covering all layers of the organisation.
- Provide strong subject matter expertise to advise and challenge working closely with the Risk Champions.
- Deliver ad-hoc investigations, internal and external reporting as required.
- Perform gap analysis against industry standards as required and horizon scanning to ensure that new regulation or guidelines are considered for implementation.
- Lead Operational Risk Scenario Workshops with Risk Champions, Senior Management and other subject matter experts.
- Deliver one off activities and projects to the outcomes and standards agreed with line manager.
- Strong experience in an Operational Risk Manager role, preferably within a banking or similar regulated environment.
- In depth technical knowledge of sophisticated operational risk; identification, assessment and remediation monitoring tools
- Commercial, business focussed with strong judgement and integrity