Financial Services business, located in Leeds are looking to appoint an Operational Risk Manager to join the firms Risk & Compliance team operating as the second line oversight function across the Company. The role holder will ensure robust risk management and internal controls are delivered through the risk management framework, and that this forms an integral part of the firm’s decision-making.
Reporting directly to the Chief Risk Officer, the role provides an independent assessment of the company’s overall risk profile and also provides regular reporting to both management and the Board, and its committees.
The business are looking for this role to be split between the office and home.
• Support the Chief Risk Officer and the Risk team with interactions with Risk Owners and their teams, and with maintenance and oversight of the Operational Risk Management Policy.
• Oversee the development of first line risk registers and controls for the management of risk by each department.
• Ensure effectiveness of the risk and control self-assessment process. Provide insightful reporting of the second line’s view of our risk profile to governance committees and the Board.
• Support the CRO in ensuring the Risk Event and RCSA tools and processes are appropriately designed, and any changes to design are documented, and subjected to control and oversight, and introduced in consultation with internal stakeholders.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure challenges raised in respect of the departmental Risk and Control Self-Assessments (RCSA) across the business are acted upon.
• Provide guidance and constructive feedback to all departments in respect of delivery and maintenance of their risk registers, RCSAs, and Risk Event processes.
• Responsible for challenging and objectively reviewing the quality and completeness of operational risk MI received from all departments across the company.
• Strong understanding of operational risk management policies, processes and procedures.
• Significant experience of financial services and FCA regulations
• Experience of engagement with stakeholders, including senior leaders
• Experience of reviewing and challenging risk management, controls, and first line assessments of risk exposure to form an independent view of effectiveness risk management
• Understanding of enterprise risk management systems, and associated data