Our client is a highly successful and well known business that operates within the Financial Services sector. They have an excellent reputation and partner with a number of household names.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join in the role of Operational Risk Framework Manager. Working in the Chief Risk Office, you will lead and champion the Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF) across the business.
• You will work collaboratively in the Enterprise Risk team, operating as part of the second line of defence and will focus on supporting the embeddedness and validation of the ORMF.
• Working with Enterprise Risk Business Partners to communicate Framework requirements, the firm’s first line business areas can then implement and operate the methodologies and controls.
• Define, maintain and continually improve the ORM capabilities, on behalf of the Executive lead for Operational Risk, the Chief Operating Officer (COO).
• Collaborating closely with other Risk Framework Managers to drive consistency between the Risk Management Frameworks.
• Act as Secretariat for the Operational Risk Committee, working with the COO, ensuring strong governance is in place.
• Compile the twice-yearly Aggregated Risk Profile (ARP), utilising insights from the firm’s suite of functional risk registers, communicating the report to the Management team and business and senior risk committees.
• Supervise and provide oversight of the firms’ Operational Risk profile, and the efficiency of the risk mitigation to the CRO.
Understanding of risk management frameworks, specifically operational risk methodologies
• Solid understanding of FCA regulatory requirements
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Structured and organised
• Self-driven and autonomous in delivery
• Ability to gain confidence of senior management to challenge where appropriate
• High attention to detail
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.
If you would like this job advertisement in an alternative format, please contact MERJE directly.