9 months ago
Our client is a leading bank who are currently recruiting for an Operational Risk Consultant. The role will be responsible for providing 2nd Line oversight and challenge to the Bank’s Information Technology operations and transformation change management.
- Design, build and implement a methodology to provide a robust second line assurance and challenge programme over the operational risks associated with IT operations and Transformation (change) management across the Bank.
- Advise and challenge business stakeholders at individual and group level to ensure risks are adequately assessed and mitigated, where necessary monitoring remediation’s.
- Provide insight, assurance, reporting and solutions to the Executive Risk Committee and other senior committees to facilitate Go/No go decisions in respect of IT and Change.
- Provide strong subject matter expertise and where necessary train/educate at all levels across the organisation.
- Assist with ad-hoc investigations and impact assessments.
- Delivery of fit for purpose assurance methodology, plan and remediation monitoring regime
- Continually reassess the operational risks inherent in the business taking account of changing economic or market conditions
- Ensure all internal controls are adhered to
- Make sure any compliance risks are contained
- Extensive experience in the oversight, challenge and assurance of IT Operations and Transformation management at a responsible level within a retail banking or similar regulated environment
- In depth technical knowledge of IT infrastructure risks, the impact of regulatory requirements and the usage of sophisticated assurance tools
- Commercial, business focussed with strong judgement and integrity