£34,000 - £40,000 pa
5 months ago
My client is a very prestigious organisation and a leader in its chosen field
They are currently looking for an individual to support the Head of Operational Risk, with regards to ensuring the risk function fulfils its role as part of the risk management operating model, in particular;
- Monitoring risk appetite and risk management through key risk indicators;
- Maintaining an aggregated view on the Group’s risk profile;
- Reviewing for completeness and accuracy of risk registers and assessments with risk owners;
- Identifying and assessing current issues, emerging risks and risk mitigation plans;
- Maintain a risk event database and control issues database to support views on the Group’s risk profile.
- Producing appropriate quality risk reports and risk management information to required committees within the governance framework.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct targeted risk assessments as appropriate in conjunction with the business;
- Support the business to develop, maintain and monitor processes and internal controls to mitigate risk;
- Coordinate and provide input into the annual ICAAP process for operational risk, working in conjunction with the Finance Function.
- Provide proactive consultancy on risk management advice to the business as required;
- Support the delivery of change as required, providing risk advice and recommendations to ensure that potential project or implementation risks are identified, assessed and mitigated by management;
- Contribute to and carry out special projects / investigations as required.
- Coordinate as Secretary of the Operational Risk Committee, its meetings and the production of meeting papers and minutes.
The ideal candidate must have a strong background in Financial Services, previous experience working in Risk/Internal Audit, preferably within a wealth / investment management business. You must also be an advanced user of Excel.
Salary is commensurate with experience