8 months ago
My client is a Wealth Management & Investment firm, located in Merseyside, and currently looking to hire an Operational Risk Analyst on a 12 month fixed term contract. The role forms part of a small Risk team, but will play an important role in supporting the function in meeting its business and regulatory requirements and assisting the Head of Operational Risk with activities as part of the firms risk management operating model.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist in the identification, assessment, quantification, monitoring and reporting of risks across the group.
- Monitor, review, analyse and produce risk management information from business information and operational risk tools (e.g. risk register review meetings, key indicators, risk events, external data and scenario analysis).
- Conduct process reviews focusing on operational risks exposures and the effectiveness of internal controls and monitoring processes in place.
- Produce quality risk reports and risk management information for senior management and committees, as required.
- Assist with the collection of internal risk events and loss data, root cause analysis and identification of risk mitigation plans.
- Support collection and analysis of external risk events and loss data.
- Assist with development of operational risk reporting to appropriate risk committees and senior management.
- Support the development of data reporting and data management processes within the team.
- Assist the team with regular updates and maintenance of risk management policies and procedures.
- Strong background in financial services.
- Commitment to developing knowledge and understanding of operational risk management.
- Knowledge of key business functions within financial services.
- Good understanding of risk management and control.
- Ability to identify, understand and document business processes.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office.