4 months ago
This role exists to provide assurance, strategic oversight and control of activity across the entire Customer Operations department. This role is accountable for the provision of Reporting and Insight, Training, Quality Assurance, localised Change and Implementation and Supplier Management.
This role exists to ensure that all c500 colleagues across Customer Operations and outsourced FTE are equipped with the right knowledge and tools to ensure they can handle customers fairly and within regulatory expectations. The role drives the continuous improvement agenda across all Customer Operations teams at a strategic and local level.
• Direct and lead the Operational Excellence team to inform critical business decisions across Retail Customer Services, Customer Resolutions, Collections & Recoveries, New Business and RCH departments, including management of any 3rd party providers.
• Protect the Customer Operations department in line with the principles of business through assuring integrity, management and control, customers’ interests and market conduct.
• Manage the performance and development of the diverse capability and expertise of the Operational Excellence Team ensuring that industry standards are maintained and best practice is regularly reviewed.
• Identify, lead and implement strategic initiatives leading to cost / contact reduction, evidencing benefits realisation in order to drive efficiencies and bad cost out of the business, improve planning and forecasting assumptions, increase customer satisfaction, reduce complaints.
• Regularly review the competence and training needs of all Customer Operations colleagues ensuring adherence to FCA that firms should make sure appropriate training is provided so employees remain competent. Monitor and assess regularly the training’s effectiveness to make sure it meets objectives and update accordingly.
• Accountable for ensuring and evidencing that all customer interactions via all customer channels are compliant and in line with regulatory standards through the Quality Assurance team.
• Decide the appropriate prioritisation for all local and strategic change across Customer Operations ensure Operational Readiness
• Responsible for the collection and development of all customer feedback to inform business change priorities.
• Determine the Root Cause Analysis agenda in order to validate assumptions. Influence senior stakeholders where appropriate to change operating models in order to optimise existing services.
Skills & Experience
• Educated to a degree level, or equivalent experience
• Experience within a regulated or automotive business preferred
• Experience of managing large operational business areas (B2C and/or B2B) with strong business results
• Proven experience in building or expanding, developing and retaining high performing teams in a consulting or industry environment
• Experience of actively managing stakeholders at varying levels and operating within/delivering through cross functional teams
• Proven experience in the management of resources and workforce planning, including working in a matrix management environment
• Experienced in balancing and managing multiple senior business managers in the delivery of complex change initiatives
• Experience in managing outsourced services and suppliers
• Process excellence qualification (LSS Green Belt / Black Belt) preferred.