about 1 month ago
We are looking to attract a Paralegal to join the Specialist Recovery team based in Leeds.
You will be based in the Specialist Recovery Team handling all manner of subrogated insurance recovery claims including Liability disputes, first party fraud, indemnity withdrawal, contribution claims and CPR 25 payments. Cases can be of any value.
Experience of working in an insurance environment would be preferred.
Candidates will have the ability to work well within a team, be confident liaising closely with more senior fee earners and clients, and to have strong organisational skills, candidates should also have excellent IT skills.
It is desirable for candidates to have gained experience in use of a case management system.
We're offering you the opportunity to join a dynamic, supportive and fast paced team.
- Ensure the monitoring and completion of MI as required;
- Support the driving of performance across the fee earning team.
- Have access of the case management system and / or use of standard documentation wherever appropriate;
- Utilise negotiation and communication skills to proactively settle/ assist in the settlement of cases whilst further developing legal technical knowledge;
- Analyse risk and utilise commercial knowledge to develop sound judgement in order to justify decisions in the management of cases;
- Prioritise and organise work efficiently and effectively to ensure client SLA’s and deadlines are met;
- Understand the role in the context of the practice group and proactively seek to increase contribution via the allocation of work;
- Work flexibly in adjusting to changes in priority of workload as dictated by line manager;
- Interpret financial information to monitor your own performance against agreed targets ensuring there’s an ability to explain any differential;
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.