For our clients high profile Motor Insurance Team, we are seeking to recruit an experienced Paralegal to be based in our Manchester office.
As an experienced Paralegal you will have responsibility for and progress Motor Insurance litigated caseloads to an effective and satisfactory conclusion for clients, ensuring high levels of service delivery, both internally and externally, whilst maintaining management information under the terms of the client service level agreement. At this level of role you will be required to have the skills, knowledge and experience to be able to effectively run your own caseload with supervision.
We're offering you the opportunity to join a dynamic and fast paced team and gain access to top level industry training. DWF have a unique approach to providing legal services and work with market leaders and the best in the industry, all whilst providing a supportive work environment where you will work collaboratively towards a shared vision.
You will be learning from industry leading experts in a friendly and committed working environment and get involved in a variety of tasks such as:-
- Proactively manage & progress a litigated caseload of Motor Insurance cases to conclusion in line with CPR rules and procedures.
- Understanding and applying appropriate knowledge in relation to JC guidelines to drive the proactive settlement of the case whilst adding value for the client.
- Drafting all court documentation to a competent standard.
- Research solutions to problems/issues on cases to develop your own technical knowledge.
- Have knowledge of and work cases in line with client SLA's for the files within your responsibility.
- Proactive use of case management systems to improve speed of settlement and add value to the cases, whilst adhering to client requirements.
- Prioritise and organise your work efficiently and effectively to ensure all tasks are completed to specified deadlines.
- Work flexibly in adjusting to changes in priority of workload.
- Achieve a high standard of financial and overall file performance as identified through KPI's on the Motor Dashboard.
- Proficient use of the Objective Manager system to include having a full suite of objectives aligned to the overall team, PA & PG strategies.
- Complete all MI requirements on cases.
Previous experience of running a Motor Insurance Litigated Caseload.
Good knowledge of the MOJ and Small track Process.
Ability to assess liability and quantum
Computer literate including proficient use of Microsoft Office.
Good financial awareness.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent attention to detail to be able to quickly and carefully analyse files and data.
- Research skills and the desire to continually develop your understanding of the law
- The ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Flexibility and adaptability in your attitude and approach to work
- Business acumen and an understanding of the clients' needs
- Professionalism when working with colleagues, senior partners and clients.
- Good negotiation skills
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.