18 days ago
MERJE Recruitment is currently supporting one of the leading law firms in the UK for Paralegal’s who have gained litigation experience within the RTA & Motor Fraud arena.
The ideal candidate will have gained knowledge and experience of working for a defendant practice which has involved in managing your own caseload of litigated cases.
Unfortunately for this particular role pre-litigation experience will not be sufficient.
The ideal candidate with have gained the above experience, be a dynamic and passionate about their work?
Therefore. if you are seeking a Paralegal role with wider responsibilities outside the scope of solely running a caseload then please apply to the vacancy?
Scope of the role:
- Be proactive in problem solving on cases through identifying potential issues and solutions,
- To manage & progress a litigated caseload of Motor Defendant Insurance cases to conclusion
- Understand the clients SLA’s for all the files within your responsibility
- Improving speed of settlement by effectively using case management systems and adding value to cases
- Prioritise and organise your work efficiently and effectively to ensure all tasks are completed to specified deadlines.
- Work flexibly in adjusting to changes in priority of workload.
- Maintain a high standard of financial and overall file performance as identified through KPI's.
- Work with the wider team to support any bid activities as appropriate.
- Complete all MI requirements on cases.
You must have:
- Previous experience of running a Motor Insurance Litigated Caseload with a proven track record of success both from a financial results and client service perspective.
- Computer literate including proficient use of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent attention to detail to be able to carefully analyse files and data
- The ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Flexibility and adaptability in your attitude and approach to work
- Business acumen and an understanding of the clients' needs
- The ability to build effective professional relationships both with external clients and internal colleagues.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- High level of financial awareness
We would like you to have:
- Experience of the Motor Personal Injury market in terms of trends, strengths, weaknesses and opportunities.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the importance and use of MI
- Previous exposure to some supervision and development of junior team members.
- Previous exposure to client liaison/development activities.
Are you a dynamic and passionate individual with defendant experience gained within a busy and fast paced legal environment?
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 14 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.