Circa £28,000 - £32,000 (DOE)
9 months ago
Provide leadership to a team of Claims Handlers to ensure an effective and compliant Claims process is adhered to at all times, across multi product and brand. Evidence reaching the right outcome for the customer and demonstrate equal importance on customer, people, shareholder and risk. Define the end to end Claims process ensure this is robust and consistent with the Insurance sector, including demonstrating a robust Fraud appetite.
- Ensure all Claims are logged, managed and resolved to all pre agreed quality standards and productivity measures, providing timely and effective coaching where appropriate
- Ensure you and your team adhere to all regulatory requirements in the management of Claims
- Define Claims authority limits and then review and authorise Claims payments ensuring these are within tolerance of policy limits and individual authority limits
- Work with the Operations Manager to ensure all department operational metrics are achieved by collating daily/weekly/monthly statistics on volumes and trends, detailing suggested improvements
- Proactively work with Resource planning in short and long range forecasting to ensure we have the correct staffing model to manage call and admin activity
- Manage the ongoing relationship with Claims suppliers, collating and supplying any MI required, and maintaining the day to day relationship and reviewing daily, weekly and monthly performance. Responsible for supporting all new business on boarding activity and taking the lead on all new Key product related campaigns.
- Proactively identify, design and support change programmes to maximise efficiency, quality, performance and capability of the department
- Complete proactive trend analysis and benchmark our claims activity against that in the market place, reporting up to Exec level where appropriate and providing detailed action planning to improve capability and performance.
- Support your colleagues in all business areas by being the subject matter expert and technical referral point on all complaint handling activity
- Take ownership to design, deliver and embed all relevant business communications to your team, ensuring all messages are understood.
- Create an open and honest working environment to increase team engagement and develop cohesive working relationships across all business areas
- Adhere to all HR policy and governance guidelines and proactively manage our people against absence, conduct and capability frameworks
- Support with recruitment and develop your people to ensure their ongoing competence is maintained and have succession/talent planning is in place for the department
- Champion, lead, monitor and embed a culture of strong internal control and risk management throughout your areas of responsibility.
- Ensure that control deficiencies and risk impacts are escalated so that root cause analysis can be performed and remedial actions taken.
- Comply with the information security policy and procedures.
- Comply with all regulatory procedures applicable to the role.
- Report any information security incident, weakness or malfunction.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Significant and in depth knowledge of Claims and regulatory processes, and requirements for Claims, within a General Insurance environment
- Ability to plan and organise own time, time of the team and forward plan any department initiatives
- Ability to take escalated calls from customers, business partners and external organisations and bring to resolution
- Commercial awareness to articulate correct Claims outcomes to customers
- Proven experience of working in a highly regulated General Insurance or Financial Services environment
- Experience of managing Claims Handlers and SMEs and coaching them to increase capability
- Experience of managing people in a customer facing environment, with further experience of managing people who handle Claims
Education and Qualification: (Please state the essential criteria)
- CII qualified or working towards an industry accepted Claims qualification,
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent
- Managing a team of Claims Handlers and Claims SME
- Responsible for authorising and signing off all Claims payments
- Contribution to the overall operational expenditure of the department, by maximising resources and controlling costs
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.