Highly competitive depending on experience
15 days ago
12 Months fixed term contract
1st October 2018
We are proud to be working with a fantastic financial services organisation who a recruiting a number of Mortgage Underwriters. Ideally you will currently be a Mortgage Underwriter, however we will give you all of the training you will need so we would love to hear from people from a variety of backgrounds including; underwriters from other product lines, people who work within a role that sits as part of a mortgage process, for example a mortgage advisor, or just passionate and talented individuals who perform a Customer Service role in a similar FS environment. To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate that you have a passion for Customer Service and ensuring Customers are at the heart of what you do.
Your day to day responsibilities will be to:
- Manage a case pipeline through the full application process, ensuring SLA times are consistently met
- Consider mortgage applications, approving in accordance with the Group Lending Policy
- Maintain strong working relationship with our brokers
- Deliver an excellent customer experience by contributing to our mortgage application to offer turnaround times and by increasing overall customer satisfaction.
- Identify and drive forward service improvements within the department to make the way we do business easier and simple.
- Work closely within a team and to help foster working relationships to share best practice and to contribute to a great people experience.
- Put customers at our heart and at the forefront of all the decisions we make whilst protecting the Societies assets and reputation.
- Work with Intermediary sales teams to deliver agreed KPI’s
- Manage underwriting risk and ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Develop robust rationales for the acceptance or rejection of new business, balancing commercial needs with responsible lending within a regulated environment
We’re looking for Underwriters who have a track record of balancing the needs of customers and intermediaries with responsible lending and the highest levels of ethics and risk tolerance.
Other Knowledge & Skills you’ll need:
- Adaptable, with excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate with a range of people including Solicitors, Valuers and Mortgage Intermediaries
- Analytical and methodical thinking, with a natural ability to be curious and identify where further information will be required
- Excellent decision-making skills with an aptitude for making appropriate lending decisions in a fair and consistent manner.
Ideally you will have an understanding of FCA guidelines such as MCOB and TCF principles and have previous experience of working within a Financial Services environment
Rewards and benefits:
Not only do we provide the opportunity to make a valuable contribution to our business, we want to recognise and reward that contribution. We do this through an excellent benefits package that offers real reward:
- Highly competitive salary
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Excellent bonus scheme
- Onsite gym
- Free parking
- Supportive and enjoyable working culture
- A flexible working environment
- Money Purchase Pension scheme to which we contribute
- Staff Mortgage facility and Staff Savings Account
Keywords: mortgage, underwriter, financial services, mortgage advisor, mortgage adviser, mortgage process, mortgage admin, mortgage underwriter, loan underwriter, insurance underwriter, insurance, loanMust be able to start 1st October