about 1 month ago
Responsibility for developing and maintaining models.
This Client does not provide sponsorship.
Key Responsibilities of the Modelling Analyst:
• Data extraction and manipulation skills from large data warehouses
• Development, testing and documentation of statistical models in line with the agreed model governance framework
• Provision of models which meet regulatory requirements, including capital and impairment
• Undertake model monitoring and reviews
• Ability to deliver processes to deploy models within a controlled data environment
• Develop and maintain an understanding of prevailing and emerging regulation, and modelling best practice.
• Closure of model actions arising from internal/independent reviews in a timely manner.
• Present analysis and results to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships across different business areas and at different levels of the organisation.
• Promote and being an advocate for the Modelling team across the business.
• Identify opportunities in which the Modelling team could add value to the wider business.
• Champion best practice modelling approaches and governance both within the team and to the wider business.
• Prepare key documentation/reports and present to senior management committees.
• Provide committee administrative support (minutes / pack preparation on a rotational basis as required).
Ideal knowledge and experience of the Modelling Analyst:
• Highly numerate
• Experience of using large data sources
• Ability to understand and draw conclusions from data (e.g. Excel)
• Excellent communication and time management skills
• Ability to communicate complex technical issues in a clear manner.
• Excellent listening, presentation and influencing skills
• Ability to work autonomously and manage own workloads
• Produce Technical Documentation
• Sound understanding of Financial Services sector
• Experience of working in an analytical role.
• Understanding of statistics