up to £45,000
4 months ago
To perform model validation, and challenge and influence peers and colleagues in relation to model risk management.
This Client does not provide sponsorship.
Key Responsibilities of the Model Validation Analyst:
- Provide validation of the models, including producing the associated documents.
- Present & discuss the outcome of validation with developers and at relevant committees.
- Analyse & discuss monitoring and other reports to support decision-making regarding model risks
- Work collaboratively with other model teams to achieve best practice
- Proactively encourage a culture of best model practice throughout the institution.
- Advise model users on model risk related issues
- Support your manager to ensure clarity, transparency and insight in model related discussions with internal senior management and the PRA.
- Support your manager in the production of key documents for relevant committees and escalating unresolved model risks via the governance framework.
Ideal knowledge and experience of the Model Validation Analyst:
- Bachelor degree in quantitative subject such as mathematics, statistics, economics, finance, physics or engineering is required. Higher degree is an advantage.
- Proficient in the use of statistical software, preferably SAS. Knowledge of other commercial and open source analytical tools is an advantage
- Experience of developing or validating retail or corporate credit risk models required. Experience of IFRS9 modelling, or models used for Concentration Risk/Operational Risk/Finance/Liquidity Management is an advantage
- Understanding of credit risk management, analytical techniques and practices.
- Knowledge of the various mortgage, unsecured and corporate portfolios and risk strategies
- Understanding of industry-wide modelling practices and trends.
- Knowledge of Regulatory Framework and Requirements for models
- Appreciation of specialist areas outside own area. Understanding of the Balance Sheet, P&L and minimum Capital, Core Tier 1 requirements.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.