For you, it's not just about solving the problem - it's about the complexity of the problem.
You thrive in the "heavy-lifting", mathematical approach to your work and want to speak with end users to get under the skin of any faults and improvement needs.
You'll implement modern Data Science techniques alongside a plethora of Mathematical approaches to create modelling software that is user friendly and efficient.
Something to bear in mind - this is the type of role that can evolve quickly, as it's a user-influenced role. You will have projects to deep focus into, but you will also have to think on your feet as and when changes need to be made, so if you're the type of person that excels when you're spinning multiple plates of varying complexity - this could be for you.
About the role:
- You'll support the users of the companies modelling software.
- You'll implement, test and design software changes.
- You'll conduct diagnostics by analysing user reports and recommending solutions.
- You'll operate with a Continuous Improvement approach.
- You'll create scripts (mainly in SQL) for data extraction.
- You'll support the wider development team.
- Mathematics related Degree.
- Programming experience in Python (The company is currently using Julia)
- A proven grasp of Mathematical concepts.
- Exposure to the Azure Cloud.
- Solid coding experience in SQL.
- Data visualisation in PowerBi or Tableau is a plus.
For an in depth discussion about how your career will benefit from this role, then reach out to arrange an informal discussion.