£45,000 - £70,000 plus benefits
6 months ago
My client is a global brand that offers a range of integrated services. Their Regional Financial Services advisory Group specialises in assisting firms in the development of Governance and Risk Management capability. They work with a broad range of clients across all financial services sectors in the areas of Operational Risk Management, Corporate Governance and Internal Control providing a range of advice and services.
They have the ambition to build on its current position of strength and establish truly distinct and recognised market leadership in high value Governance and Risk Management services within the UK Financial Services Industry. To support the growth of the Practice, They are seeking to attract top talent with deep Operational Risk, Governance and Internal Control expertise. You will be offered a unique career opportunity in a supportive, challenging and fast growing environment. Career promotion and advancement will be on the basis of achievement rather than tenure.
Specific areas of support include:
- Operational Risk Management Framework support including design and implementation
- Operational Risk Management effectiveness and benchmarking reviews
- Delivery of Operational Risk training
- Design and implementation of governance arrangements and practices
In this role you will have responsibility for;
- Managing client relationships, planning and delivering a range of Governance and Risk Management services
- Constructing and supervising engagement teams.
- Participating in development of the firms Governance and Risk Management thought leadership.
- Participating in and helping to drive marketing and sales campaigns.
- Financial Services experience, either as part of a Financial Services Institution, in an advisory or business consulting capacity to similar organisations, or in the regulation of such institutions. Particularly in the following areas: Retail Banking, Building Societies, General and Life Insurance.
- Proven track record and solid experience of working within, or with, a Risk Management or Internal Control function.
- Excellent knowledge of Operational Risk, Governance practice and Internal Control (including Operational Risk Appetite, Risk & Control Self-Assessment, Scenario Analysis and Loss Reporting).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral/written communication and influencing skills.
- Senior management exposure - how to effect change and lead senior management in changing management approaches.
- Highly motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a challenging work environment.
- Strong team player with good organisation, planning and leadership skills.
You will have a base location in Manchester but given the nature of the role, travel will form a significant part of the job so you must be prepared for this. Salary is broad and entirely commensurate with experience and the level you would potentially be considered for.