Competitive Salary + Benefits
about 1 month ago
My client is a global brand whose Financial Services division is a unique industry focussed business unit that provides a broad range of integrated services to mainstream and non-mainstream financial services firms, including insurance, mortgage and consumer credit businesses, retail banks and broker dealers.
The Risk and regulatory team helps support businesses in understanding their risk and regulatory compliance obligations and in designing and implementing and maintaining governance, oversight, control and conduct arrangements. In doing this the team delivers a wide range of interesting engagements at a variety of different clients which makes this a very broad based and exciting career opportunity in a challenging and rapidly changing environment
With a strategic objective to grow its regional team they are currently recruiting for a Manager to help shape this small but growing team
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee teams of people delivering client engagements (i.e. planning, budgeting and day to day engagement management)
- Deliver engagements to a thorough and exacting standard, as part of a wider delivery team or in isolation (depending on the size, nature and complexity of that engagement)
- More specifically, contribute to the articulation of findings and recommendations (for gap analysis work) or the design, building and/or implementation of deliverables (for transformation, remediation or authorisation work);
- Support internal projects and initiatives
- Play a role in developing the strategy and direction of the regional Risk and Regulatory team and its day to day management
- Play a role in business development for the Regional Risk and Regulatory team, including production of proposals, the identification of opportunities within client engagements, participation in meetings with potential clients to discuss regulator hot topics and the development and maintenance of client relationships
- Energy and enthusiasm and a positive and flexible attitude to work and a willingness to embrace new initiatives
- Typically, 5+ years of Consumer Credit, Mortgage, General Insurance or Life Insurance risk and regulatory experience
- Up to date knowledge of the UK financial services regulatory framework and the regulator’s key areas of focus
- Up to date knowledge of the key FCA sourcebooks (SYSC, CONC. MCOBS, ICOBS, COBS and DISP) and how these are applied in practice
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for report writing and client presentations;
- An ability to travel, across the North and the wider regions (though they promote flexible working and arrangements that serve the best interests of their people and clients).
- Strong project management experience, ideally relating to risk and regulatory projects;
- Experience of managing and developing people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring will be required;
- Business consulting experience, with excellent client liaison, communication and influencing skills as well as commercial awareness;
Salary range is broad and will be entirely commensurate with experience but it will reflect the significance of the role. The role will be a mixture of office and home based working as well as spending time on client sites (Covid dependant of course).
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.