£45,000 - £55,000
5 months ago
I am working with a Big Four Consultancy within their successful and growing Regulatory Strategy Team.
Ensuring the ECRS maintains an overview of relevant developments in prudential initiatives in the UK and at EU and international levels, including through tracking new policy initiatives, identifying emerging topics and developing expertise in those topics; and developing relevant contacts with regulators, policymakers and industry;
- Leading the analysis and assessment of the strategic implications of new and emerging regulatory requirements;
- Driving forward thought leadership on the issues identified;
- Producing outputs including reports and presentations;
- Engaging with client-facing teams and directly with clients, in the UK and overseas, to leverage the analysis;
- Managing resources to deliver work to agreed deadlines;
- Ensuring the quality of outputs; and
- Contributing to cross-team initiatives.
We are looking for an individual whose experience includes working as a banking supervisor, a track record of producing analysis, and who has a natural intellectual curiosity.
The successful candidate will further be able to demonstrate:
- A strong understanding of key regulatory and supervisory initiatives in prudential regulation, recent developments, and the process by which requirements are developed and set;
- An understanding of strategic challenges and trends in the banking sector and financial services industry more generally;
- The ability to develop hypothesis-driven analysis, and to provide considered views, interpretation and an assessment of the implications for the banking sector;
- The ability to track and quickly and efficiently review a large volume of information in order to identify and disseminate the key points in a clear and concise manner;
- Excellent time and workload management skills, and the ability to work flexibly under pressure;
- Exceptional presentation and business writing skills;
- The ability to independently drive and draft pieces of regulatory insight;
- High professional standards;
- The ability to take a flexible approach to tackle a wide range of tasks including: analytical research, client presentations and report writing, and hands-on involvement in the development of ECRS products; and
- Experience of managing or mentoring staff.