5 months ago
MERJE Ltd are currently partnered with a rapidly growing business based in Blackburn to recruit a technically astute Accountant to join the business on a permanent basis.
This role will suit someone with solid experience within corporate accountancy that is looking for a first time move to industry.
Working alongside a continuously improving finance team, you will be responsible for effective accounting and reporting. You will build strong relationships with key stakeholders and influence decision makers to improve business performance in line with business strategy.
You will be working within a variety of areas with responsibilities including:
- Lead on month end process and ensuring deadlines are achieved to support group reporting requirements
- Responsibility and production of management accounts
- Support the commercial finance team with information and performance analysis to drive decision making for local teams
- Develop processes and controls post month end
- Present performance to senior finance
- Management of Balance Sheet items
- Leading Balance Sheet control account reconciliation and review of these.
- ACA/ ACCA Qualified
- Strong commercial awareness and analytical skills with solid Excel experience
- Be able to challenge senior stakeholders and confident when dealing with non-finance personnel.
- Be able to use own initiative and be a self-starter.
This is an excellent opportunity to broaden your technical experience within a wider commercial role providing exposure across to a wide area, offering excellent exposure within the business.