MERJE are partnered with an award winning family owned enterprise that has seen consistent growth during the last 7 years. Due to this growth, they are looking to expand their team with the addition of a Management Accountant to drive the accounts department and the production of third party and internal reporting, P&L Analysis, Client, Management and Board reporting.
• Manage the accounts department consisting of three members
• Production of Monthly reports across the business on third party re-billing.
• Analysis of funds received on a monthly basis by Client.
• Reconciliation of third-party rebilling.
• Prepare payment schedules on a monthly basis.
• Working with the directors, to prepare and produce annual budgets and periodic forecasts including cash forecasts in accordance with agreed deadlines.
• Prepare accurate and robust monthly accounts for the business together with analysis for the directors as required
• Support the Operations Manager and Operations Director to ensure a consistent approach to financial policy, procedure, compliance and controls across the group.
• Lead on implementation of financial reporting changes
• Working with the external accounts, manage compliance with VAT, PAYE and other taxes
• Liaise with external accountants on the production of annual statutory accounts
• To assist in the improvement and development of relevant and accurate management and accounting information delivered to operational management and third parties. Liaise with management to resolve information requirements & queries as and when they occur.
• To establish good working relationships with internal and external functions. Attend meetings as appropriate and provide ad hoc reports to all levels of internal and external clients as required.
Key experiences, knowledge and skills
• Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CA)
• Operations background
• Team management
• SAGE or Xero experience
• Excellent Excel skills essential
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Experience in manipulating and managing large quantities of data using Excel & pivots
• Enthusiastic and proactive with a friendly positive manner
• Clear communication skills by phone, written and verbal
• Ability to think logically and consider relevant aspects, with strong analytical skills
• Ability to manage work load under stress, to plan and re-organise projects to meet deadlines.
Our Ideal candidate will have:
• High level of analytical skills
• Stream line and manage the accounts department
• Advanced working knowledge of Excel
• A passion for attention to detail and getting it right first time
• Able to prioritise and deliver to deadlines
• Able to manage multiple queries at one time
• Ability to look beyond the numbers to identify issues, anomalies and understand root cause
• Adaptable to changing priorities and requests
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.