We are looking for a Logistics Administrator on behalf of our client to help run their vintage/retro goods warehouse to the highest standards. Our client is based in Whitefield close to great public transport links ( metrolink and m60 as well as great bus links)
As a Logistics Administrator your responsibilities include supporting all supply chain procedures, from coordinating deliveries to managing shipping documentation. As well as warehouse and distribution duties such as preparing stock for dispatch and identifying damaged or lost goods. To be successful in this role, you should be well-organized and understand the order fulfilment cycle and have hands on experience working in a warehouse environment.
Ultimately, you will ensure customers receive the right orders on time and ensure the customers are satisfied.
What you need to be successful for the role
You will have had experience in logistics or warehouse administrator roles before and have knowledge of transport management systems or logistics software. Basic accounting knowledge and great organisational skills. As well as experience in the warehouse, dealing with dispatch and stock.
- Plan shipments based on product availability and customer requests
- Track orders to ensure timely deliveries
- Prepare shipping documents (like invoices, purchase orders and bills of lading)
- Coordinate our supply chain procedures to maximize quality of delivery
- Schedule shifts for our drivers and warehouse staff
- Maintain updated records of orders, suppliers and customers
- Oversee the levels of our warehouse stock and place orders as needed
- Provide information to customers about the status of their orders
- Book parcels with the relevant courier companies, using the courier shipping software, assuring the correct shipping mode is provided, both for international and domestic consignments
- Booking pallets with the relevant transport companies, assuring the right service level is booked for both domestic and international consignments
- Obtain pricing from transport companies for international pallet consignments based on volume and pallet quantity
- Prepare reports for evaluation from a computerised system
- Communicate stock requirements to a bonded warehouse facility
- Take delivery of goods and supplies
- Check for damaged or missing items
- Store goods appropriately
- Pick and pack orders for dispatch
- Move stock around either by hand, using lifting equipment or a fork lift truck
- Load goods for dispatch
- Input data regarding stock and inventory into a computerised system
- Keep accurate stock records
- Carry out stock counts as and when required
- Keep paperwork up to date
- Ensure that all lifting and manoeuvring of product is carried out in accordance with manual handling procedures
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.