£280 day rate on 6 month FTC
10 months ago
Location: City of London
Duration: 6 month FTC
Salary: £280 per day
The Loan Operations team is responsible for boarding all loan products offered to our clients in the UK onto the bank’s operating systems. Ongoing maintenance, monitoring and reporting of accounts, in line with defined policies and procedures is also required.
Reporting to the Deposit & Loan Operations supervisor, the Loans Specialist will focus on the full range of loan products to be offered by the bank, including term loans, revolving lines of credit, bridging loans, receivables financing, overdrafts and syndicated loans. Many of our clients are Global entities and therefore will take loans in foreign currency(ies).
Recording new loan account details on all relevant bank systems, by accurately and promptly referring to;
- Documented credit decisions, including security requirements and other terms and conditions;
- Loan application form details and client instructions and details;
- Pre-defined process and procedural instructions;
- Documented product definitions.
Maintain client loan accounts and ensure that ongoing client account instructions are implemented efficiently and accurately, and critically, in the best interests of the client and the bank. This includes;
- Facilitating loan draw downs, repayments and settlements;
- Applying account fees and charges in a timely and accurate manner;
- Calculating interest when amendments are needed to system records;
- Complying with other terms and conditions of the bank’s deposit products;
- Contribute to the ongoing monitoring of loan account performance, in support of the bank’s Risk Management policies.
This would involve reviewing regular and ad hoc reports, and liaising with colleagues where necessary to address credit risk issues.
Liaising with colleagues to ensure that Deposit Operations is fully joined up in the end to end client experience, including; Becoming a Subject Matter Expert for the rest of the branch on the UK loan products; Responding positively and supportively to enquiries and requests from other teams; Act as a verification resource, by checking the accuracy other Banking Operations activities and organizing and ensuring the appropriate remediation.
Skills and Requirements Search
- Previous experience in a banking operations environment, with specific expertise in respect of loan products, including; General operating principles and mechanics of loan accounts; Loan product range within the banking industry; Pricing and fee types and calculation methods; Knowledge of regulations and industry standards.
- Some knowledge of deposit products would be an advantage, in order to support the rest of the team when necessary.
The individual must have excellent communication abilities, including strong written & verbal skills. The individual must be an excellent listener, who works to understand the needs of others.
The individual should have an entrepreneurial, collaborative approach and a flexible style that allows for the input of others.
The individual must share the following core values:
- An emphasis on achieving the organisation’s goals, versus individual achievement;
- An “enterprising” approach with creative problem solving; and
- A focused and results driven mind set.
Exposure to and interaction with change programmes impacting a loan operations environment Involvement in and execution of process improvement activity Process documentation creation and maintenance