£45,000 - £75,000
5 months ago
My Client is a Big 4 Consultancy currently growing it’s Prudential Risk team. Working closely with senior Directors and Partners on projects in World Leading Financial Institutions and Banks.
- Advising clients on the impact of the changing regulatory landscapes on their business models and supporting them through that change.
- Providing regulatory capital and related prudential subject-matter expertise on engagements run by others, in particular to Banking Authorisation projects.
- Managing and delivering engagements (which might include multi-disciplinary engagements), which would typically include gap analysis, transformational support, remediation, training and authorisation assistance.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and building an external network.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with colleagues and building an internal network.
- Active mentoring, coaching and development of colleagues.
- Playing a role in business development for the Regulatory Team and wider business, which might include building of propositions and taking these to market as well as identifying opportunities for on-sell from existing client engagements.
- Playing a role in research, insight development and knowledge management.
- The delivery of all client work/internal projects to a high standard.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Knowledge of the PRA’s approach to regulatory capital management, capital reporting and related prudential issues.
- Knowledge of the PRA’s and the FCA’s Supervisory Frameworks.
- Regulatory/operational experience of the FCA’s and/or PRA’s requirements covering corporate governance, assurance frameworks, organisational systems/controls and key customer interfaces.
- The ability to be flexible and work across a number of sectors within the financial services industry.
- Industry recognised qualification (e.g. CISI, CFA etc.) desirable but not essential.
- Effective oral and written communicator (the role will involve report writing).
- Planning and project management skills.
- Issue identification and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to achieve results, even when faced with obstacles or setbacks.
- Positive and flexible attitude to work and a willingness to embrace new initiatives.
- Networking, influencing and stakeholder management.
- Confident and highly motivated individual.
- Flexibility to work across the UK (and internationally) where required.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Substantial relevant banking sector experience
- Experience of prudential regulation, ICAAP preparation, capital regulation and reporting.
- Experience of working in a professional services firm or in a regulatory environment (eg a regulated firms' compliance department or PRA/FCA).
- Demonstrable record of project management.
- Demonstrable record of issue identification and problem solving.
- Demonstrable record of delivering high-quality outputs on time/within budget.
- Demonstrable record of balancing commercial and compliance considerations desirable but not essential.