21 days ago
Our client is one of the leading financial services institutions in England and they are currently aiming to increase their commercial lending operations in new regions around the country. They are therefore looking to appoint Commercial Lending Managers in the North West, Midlands, South West and South East to help them achieve this strategic move.
These Lending Managers will be broadly responsible for originating, assessing, structuring and converting complex Commercial Lending proposals, including undertaking credit and KYC analysis. You will relationship manage a portfolio of large/complex Commercial Lending customers, including undertaking annual reviews and covenant monitoring. You will ensure the presence of an excellent service proposition whilst ensuring that borrowing is aligned to the business’ risk appetite.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Origination and conversion of new lending targets as allocated (and aligned to corporate plan)
- Undertaking personal development to maintain/strengthen competence around credit, valuation & KYC analysis.
- Maintaining and developing industry and competitor knowledge, including attending industry and networking events.
- Assess complex new Commercial Lending proposals (across all product areas) including detailed assessment of financial performance, borrower background, property analysis, tenant analysis and serviceability.
- Meet with prospective customers face to face (or via telephone interview) and undertake sufficient due diligence and information gathering in order to an informed assessment of the lending request.
- Build strong relationships with new and prospective clients to ensure that lending proposals are converted into business won, in line with individual and team lending targets.
- Negotiation of key terms and conditions with prospective customers.
- Preparation of detailed and comprehensive lending papers for submission to underwriting team, including taking ownership of the accuracy of all data relating to the proposal.
- Collecting all KYC/CDD documentation, and undertaking accurate KYC customer risk assessments.
- Ensuring all cases submitted to KYC validation team have been thorough assessed and meet requirements set out in the KYC/CDD SOP.
- Ensuring delivery of fair customer outcomes and products are relevant to customer needs.
- Full compliance with all relevant regulatory & legislative requirements including those relating to financial crime, AML & KYC, anti-bribery & corruption, data protection. Keeping knowledge up to date on regulatory changes.
This role represents an opportunity to be a part of an expanding area of the business in an organisation known for its attractive culture and distinct progression possibilities.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.