Full-Time Mon-Fri 9-5pm / Part-Time hours considered
We have an opportunity for an experience Legal Secretary to provide high quality administrative support to a commercial property team based in Ilkley.
If you have legal secretarial experience within a commercial property team, and able to manage expectations of a busy office, we would like to hear from you.
Legal Secretary Role:
To provide direct support to principal(s) to enable them to operate at optimum efficiency.
You will be expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative and assist with the smooth running of the practice by providing a range of support within the general office function.
Legal Secretary Responsibilities:
· Prepare correspondence and documents through audio typing and word processing.
· Administer filing in accordance with detailed procedures.
· Liaise with the accounts department, posting disbursements, preparing bills, dealing with client balances, and assisting with WIP.
· Prepare mail and enclosures for dispatch.
· Arrange appointments, meetings and maintain an up-to-date diary for your principal.
· Prepare conference rooms ahead of meetings as necessary and derig.
· Provide refreshments.
· Assist clients both in person and on the telephone, providing support in a professional manner in line with the firm’s standards for client care.
· Personal responsibility towards self-development.
· Perform work accurately, reliably and in accordance with policies and procedures (including but not limited to the firm’s quality and risk management procedure and Lexcel).
· Ensure confidentiality of all client documentation and any information of a confidential nature relating to the firm, which may be revealed due to the nature of the role.
· Provide cover and support for general office admin as required.
Essential Skills & Knowledge:
· Document formatting skills
· Strong knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, Outlook, and case management systems
· Knowledge of digital dictation systems
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Outstanding time management, prioritisation skills and ability to manage own workload.
· Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.If you would like this job advertisement in an alternative format, please contact MERJE directly.